Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bird Nest with Rock Sugar 冰糖燕窝

Its exam period and I was studying at the dining table. I tend to lose focus easily as i was surrounded by all sort of things that are much more interesting compared to the notes and text books in front of me. Looked around me and I saw the bird nest that has been around for 134384798179 years for the 1309850239 times again.... and that leads to this post today.

I have never cook nor have the knowledge of cooking bird nest before, and i dont bother to search for the recipe at that moment. So the idea for this desert came from those cheap bottled bird nest which is white fungus + rock sugar + tiny winy amount of bird nest.

? gram of Bird Nest ( as much or as little you like)
? gram of Dried White Fungus
? gram of Rock Sugar ( vary according to personal likings)

i didnt measure it. Just judge by how much i wanted to eat. haha

Method:


1. Soak dried white fungus in water for about 5-10 minutes until softens.
2. Remove the center hard part and cut into small pieces.



3. Soak bird nest until softens and remove any fur and dirt.
I kindda skipped this part as it was quite clean and i was using slow cooker for this.
p/s: different method has to be used if its not using slow cooker.


4. Chuck everything into slow cooker.



5. Add ?ml of water. (Again, depends on how watery you want it to be)
Since i had made Loh Hon Goh with winter melon the day before. I figure it will be nicer to use it instead of plain water.
6. Mix well and cook on slow cooker for 4hours. Serve warm or chilled.






My recent craves: Green Tea.
And the first green tea cake i baked sometime ago failed big time. I blame it all on the recipe =P
Found a better recipe (i guess?) and going to experiment with it right after exam.

No comments: